Tuesday, November 17, 2015

Talking on Tuesday-Artic is a Piece of Pie!

Before taking some time off, I always like to pack our sessions with the most reps we can get in.  Holidays get busy and with no sessions, sometimes my clients regress a little.   I made 2 dot sheets for this week.  The first goes with our story "I Know An Old Lady Who Swallowed a Pie."  We read the story, talk about the food she has eaten, practice any words with our sounds and (if we are lucky) use them in phrases from the story.  Afterwards, I choose target words from either the story or an app (Little Bee Articulation) to complete the dot sheet with a paint dauber.  I though the kids would be tired of these by now.  Guess I was wrong!


For our second session of the week, I made another dot sheet with pies.
  We can drill our sounds and then complete a craft activity or play a game.  I am actually changing up our craft a little.  The last time I did this craft, it looked similar to the picture below.  There was turkey leg (complete with poultry seasoning), macaroni (elbow noodles), mashed potatoes with butter (cotton balls with yellow square) and pumpkin pie (complete with cinnamon and cotton ball whipped cream!).  The kids had a blast!!!  We could also work in some question asking with "May I have...?"  or table manners with "Please pass the..."
 
I will say doing a couple of days of this craft will make you hungry for Thanksgiving dinner!!
If you are interested in the dot sheets above, they are located in the TpT store.  You can click here to find it.
 
Until next time, keep 'em talking!
Melissa

0 comments:

Post a Comment