Thursday, November 19, 2015

Thursday Thoughts on Language: Food!!

Let's be honest...one week from Thanksgiving, we're not thinking about work or cleaning or even Christmas shopping!  We are all thinking about how much food we are about to consume!!  This week's theme on Thanksgiving food has not helped at all!!  I've spent the entire week talking about turkey, salads, veggies (yuck!), and desserts!!!  Do you know how hard it is to speak when your mouth is watering?!

Our language activities have been just as fun as the articulation ones.  I mean did you see the activity I posted about yesterday?!!?!!  I liked it so much it got it's own post!

I made this little pronoun activity since I have several that needed to work on using "she."  The great thing about this one is you can also turn it into an articulation activity for the short sentence level.  Plus I also used it to address "what" questions asking the question "What did she eat?"  AND I used it to work on increasing MLU with 3 word phrases and vocabulary.
 
Since I did not write the preschool post this week, I am adding the cute little book we read here.  Some of my little guys aren't old enough to follow the main book of the week.  Sometimes, I am wanting to emphasize certain vocabulary.  I made a little book for this week along with a naming/identifying food SMUSH board.  "Pumpkin Pie, Pumpkin Pie" is perfect for working on food vocabulary! 


This is my last post about Thanksgiving food.  I know most of my school SLPs friends are out all next week.  Not going to lie...I'm a little jealous!  But I have a short 2 day week next week so I think I will manage!!

Until next time, keep 'em talking!
Melissa


 


0 comments:

Post a Comment