Tuesday, December 1, 2015

TalkBox is Coming!!!





Usually Tuesdays are for the articulation activities we have going on this week.  But today I decided to tell you about a little project I am working on.  Most of us have heard of Birchbox, Ipsy, Barkbox and other monthly subscription boxes that randomly show up in our mailboxes throughout the month.  I receive 2 of the mentioned subscriptions and it is truly like Christmas each time that cute little box or pink envelope show up in my mail!  One night while going through my Birchbox, I said to myself, "Self, wouldn't it be awesome to have a speech therapy box that showed up each month?" You know just a few activities to re-inspire me to do what I love to do.  Cue the ray of sunshine on me or a giant light bulb above my head...however you prefer.

After texting with a few fellow SLP friends (who are used to getting random texts with my goofy ideas), I decided there was enough of a market to at least give it a try.  One of those sweet friends helped me come up with a name  (thanks TB!)  The TalkBox was born!!!  I emailed a few fellow bloggers and TpT shop owners to see if they would be interested.  Of course, I had a few that shot me down right away.  But I also had a few that were interested! 

Here's the basic concept of the TalkBox:
You can choose to receive the articulation box or the language box (or a combined box for a discounted price).  In each box, you will receive 5 sample activities from SLP bloggers and TpT shop owners to use in therapy.  The key is they will be READY TO USE materials.  If it requires lamination, it will be laminated for you!!!  Directions will come with activities so that each SLP knows how to use them (even though most will be pretty simple).  Also in the box will be an information sheet that tells you where each activity is from and how you can find it!!!  Meaning I will give you every contact possible so you find the full set of activities-including Instagram accounts, Facebook pages, Twitter handles, YouTube channels, Snapchats, Periscopes, Website addresses, TpT store address...heck even email addresses if the blogger is ok with it!!  There is NO WAY you won't be able to follow your favorite SLP blogger!!!

Each month, I plan to feature a blogger/TpT shop owner.  There will be a little bio about them (and again all their contact info!) as well as any "swag" they choose to include to advertise.  "Swag" can be pens, pencils, notepads, magnets, buttons and anything else with their advertising info on it!!  I know how we all like to swipe pens and other loot from booths at our state conventions!!

Now here comes the main "WHY" for the TalkBox.  I know we can get into a rut and loose our motivation.  Our heart is still in the job but we get so busy with the mundane things of our job, that we seldom have time for planning.  The TalkBox is designed to reinvigorate you each month!!!  Bring something new to your therapy sessions!!  Inspire you to want to search out the rest of that fabulous articulation bundle you loved so much!!!  Maybe one of the activities really encourages a difficult client and brings out language you've only dreamed of hearing!!

As of right now, I plan on keeping the TalkBox in a rather inexpensive price range.  Each box will be somewhere between $10-15 INCLUDING shipping!!  That includes the activities, lamination, EVERYTHING!!  You will be able to set it up just like you do Birchbox or Ispy; pay by the month or pay for the entire year (cancel at anytime-before the box is billed/paid).  The TalkBox will be scheduled to ship out NEAR the first of every month.  Obviously, if the 1st falls on a holiday or Sunday, it won't ship until the next mailing day.

At the time of this post, a logo and website are being designed.  The website should roll out in mid-December.   I am really excited about this project and hope anyone who subscribes will love the materials in it!!  Each contributor worked hard to make these activities!

Please feel free to leave questions, comments and feedback below!!

Melissa

0 comments:

Post a Comment